Cee Lo made a brief comment to TMZ as he left the courthouse.A judge set a date for a preliminary hearing date for January on Cee Lo’s felony drug case in court today (November 20), as per tmz.com. A specific date for the hearing in January was not specified in TMZ's report.
The Los Angeles County district attorney said in court today that they expect the preliminary hearing to last several hours, according to tmz.com. The prosecution said that the extra time would be needed to cover the full range of the case, the story says.
When he left court today, Cee Lo was asked by a TMZ reporter how it went.
“To be continued,” Cee Lo said.
Last month, Cee Lo pled not guilty to a felony charge of furnishing ecstasy and the Los Angeles County District Attorney cleared Cee Lo of sexual assault charges related to the same incident due to insufficient evidence.
The charges stem from a 2012 incident where Cee Lo allegedly gave a woman ecstasy without her knowledge before having sex with her, as per TMZ. If convicted, he faces up to four years in state prison, the site says.
“We are pleased that the Los Angeles County District Attorney has completed its investigation and concluded that the evidence did not support the false and unfounded claims made over a year ago," Cee Lo’s attorney Blair Berk said to TMZ.com last month.
Berk also said that any sexual contact between the two was consensual.
"As it relates to the one charge of furnishing or sharing ecstasy,” Berk said, “Mr. Green will responsibly address that matter in a court of law."